- Coordinated with the Guatemalan Ministry of Health, and National School of Nursing
- Provides health care 5 days per week for 9 rural villages which consist of about 5,000 people, plus emergency care 24/7
- Health care is provided by a Pokomchí nurse who lives in the same village as the health post
- The nurse was trained through a scholarships from Hope of the Pokomchí and a private Canadian foundation
- Initial enlargement and equipping of the building done through a grant from the Canadian Embassy
- All medicines and medical supplies are supplied and paid for by Hope of the Pokomchí at a cost of $525 per month
- A north American doctor works 2 weeks, twice per year at the health post
See how you can help!